We're hiring! Fundraising Co-ordinator job vacancy
Responsible to: Directors and Business Manager
Responsible for: generating funds to support project activity for Arts Council England Funded project ‘Future Poetry’. This involves developing and managing relationships with commercial businesses and potential donors and research and applying for funding opportunities provided by trusts and foundations to achieve fundraising and income generation targets.
Freelance for 12 months with potential to extend position.
Hours of work: part-time, 7.5 hours per week
Salary: £25,000 pro rata
• Liaise with tPB directors and Business Manager to discern which elements of Future Poetry have the potential to be funded by commercial sponsors and identify and approach appropriate sponsors with mutually interested customer base.
• Develop and cultivate relationships with local businesses. Build on these relationships offering sponsorship opportunities.
• Develop fundraising campaigns (of varying sizes and durations) linked to Future Poetry projects
• Research funding opportunities from trusts and foundations and develop, write and submit applications to trusts and foundations working closely with the Business Manager.
• Generate funds to supplement and extend project activity for Future Poetry, such as reading tours, and longer-term build relationships with commercial sponsors who will support tPB on an ongoing basis, to help the organisation work towards sustainability.
• Work alongside other staff to contribute to the development of The Poetry Business as a whole.
• Must have demonstrable experience of generating funds for a third sector organisation.
• Able to communicate effectively in a variety of written and verbal formats.
• Extensive experience of budgeting for projects.
• Confident fluent communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Good understanding of relationship management with commercial sponsors.?
• Experience of fundraising for or working with literature organisations.
To apply: please e-mail a CV with covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com by midnight on Friday 31st March 2017.